Autumn Leaves 3 Column

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Holding On to Promises

“Through these He has given us His very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.”          2 Peter 1:4

As I shared previously, my precious Savior reveals truths to me through the most unusual methods.  My last post was a lesson in letting go.  Today we will focus on a lesson in holding on.

Just about a month ago, Bob and I added a new member to our family.  Kirby, a miniature Schnauzer arrived and quickly stole our hearts!  As any puppy will do, he loves to play tug-of-war.  At 15 weeks of age, I have been impressed by the strength of this tiny dog as he holds on to his toys for dear life!    Frankly, I could learn a lesson from this little fellow.  He holds on to the promise of getting his toy with a tenacity that puts me to shame.

How many times have I forgotten to hold on to the promises of God: who He says He is, who He says I am, and the wondrous depths of His love for me.

And for you!

When doubts enter in to our thinking, Satan has an open door to wreak havoc with our minds and with our faith.  There is no better moment to latch on to the promises we know and hold on with all of our might or even with the least strength, for when we are weak, God’s strength is displayed (2 Cor. 12:9-11).  Remember, it only takes a mustard-seed sized faith for God to change the world!


1 comment:

  1. A mustard seed size faith and the tenacity to hold on like a dog holds onto a bone. Can you imagine if we put that into practice... we would be unshakable!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog are moderated. It may take several hours or a day before your comment will be visible.
Thank you for your patience.