Autumn Leaves 3 Column

Friday, May 27, 2011

The Light Inside

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12


I am tired of cloudy, overcast skies!  If you live in New England, you will be able to relate to what I’m talking about: a lack of sunshine.  Rainy, grey, heavily overcast skies have prevailed, with no sun for days on end.  Then for half a day the sun will shine and it feels like we are finally turning a corner, until the next morning and the fog is as thick as pea soup and the skies are again leaden with clouds.  That has been our reality this month and yes I know things are awful weather-wise all around the country, but as I contemplated our weather specifically, I was reminded just how much we humans long for the sun to shine!

But as always, God had a message in those clouds for me.  Do I remember that I carry the light of life within me?
Do you?

Truthfully, I don’t always live like that is my reality.  A question in my heart was asked: how much has Jesus shined in me this week, month, or year?  I have been given the gift of the Holy Spirit!  How is the light escaping into the darkness of a hurting world?  Do I love my neighbor?  Am I seeking to make peace and extend forgiveness?  How about my prayer life?  Am I living as a servant to all those around me? 

I am carrying the light of the world within me.  May God empower me to allow His Son to shine with His purpose and for His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated. It may take several hours or a day before your comment will be visible.
Thank you for your patience.